The perennial venue partner for Seedstars Kampala,Outbox Hub, which is also an incubation and co-creation space in Uganda for techies has announced that Ugandan startups can now apply to pitch at Seedstars Kampala.
At least 12 startups will be considered for the pitching session that will take place at Outbox on Lumumba Avenue. The winner will get to have the usual package that comes with the win and in addition— a trip to Switzerland.
“We’d like to invite start-ups to apply for Seedstars World, the exclusive start-up competition taking place on 24th August at Outbox,” wrote Solomon Opio from Outbox.
So far, 5 African cities have already held their Seedstars events with Kigali being the latest. It is worth knowing that BeneFactors Ltd emerged the winner of that edition.
The Kampala event is scheduled to hold on 24th of August and is slated to close the weeklong Kampala Innovation Week.
Founded in 2012, Seedstars held its first event in Kampala in 2015, and since then, several start-ups have participated in the competition with only 3 walking away with the main prize.
Interested start-ups can apply here.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Ghanaian Agri-Tech Startup, Cowtribe Wins Seedstars Ghana
- Moroccan Transit App Weego Wins 2018 Seedstars Casablanca
- Zimbabwean Agritech Startup, Rera Emerges Winner At Seedstars Harare
- Seedstars, Omidyar To Launch Startup Incubator in Tanzania
- Seedstars Launches First Incubator, Seedspace In South Africa