Winterlight Labs, a health-tech company based in Toronto has raised $4.3 million from Hikma Ventures. The fund will be used to extend its technology that combats various psychological diseases in Africa & Europe.
Winterlight Labs Inc was founded in 2015 to develop advanced tech solutions that combat diverse psychological diseases. The healthtech offers a Tablet-based technology that detects various cognitive health challenges via the patient’s voice.
The voice-based model makes use of Artificial Intelligence, computational linguistics, cognitive neuroscience, and Machine Learning. It also helps to detect various psychological cognitive and mental disorders, like dementia and aphasia within a minute.
The Managing Director Hikma Venture, Lana Ghanem who led the investment round applauded WinterLab for creating a viable tech solution that treats cognitive diseases globally. The investment will further help the company advance its technology.
It will also enhance the expansion of Winterlight to new geographies especially in the Middle East and North Africa. The company plans to extend its technology to cover additional diseases like schizophrenia and multiple sclerosis, as well as additional languages.
More on TechGist Africa
- UBA, Ovamba Solutions Inc. to Provide Trade Tech for SMEs in Cameroon
- Morocco Initiates Plans to Automate Traffic System
- Egypt’s First Locally Manufactured Smartphones Soon to be Exported to Germany
- PalmPay Raises Transsion- led $40m Funding Round for Grand Entrance into Nigeria
- Bolt Launches a €10 Million Fund to Support Global Renewable Energy Initiatives