“Today, our users aren’t just asking for the fastest route to a place but also what’s happening around them, what the new places are and what the locals are doing in their neighbourhood.”
That was the statement of the Google VP for engineering and product management Jen Fitzpatrick on the latest development from the company.
American multinational technology company, Google is about to launch a new version of Google Maps that will provide you more personalized recommendations than before. The company is bringing in the new features to give better recommendations for local places.
Google has long worked to make its Maps seem more personalized, seem they’ve gotten it right this time.
The first new feature to enable this is the ‘new’ tab. This new part of Google Maps will learn from your personal preferences and tell you about what’s new in your neighbourhood (or other neighbourhoods you are watching). Maybe there’s a new cafe or restaurant.
For the past few years, reviews in Google Maps have also become increasingly important. But what does a four-star review really mean? So, going forward, Google Maps will take those reviews and mash them up with what it knows about you to give you a more personalized score based on your context and interests.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Google to Launch New App ‘Google Go’ to Ease Internet Connectivity Problems in Africa
- Uber Unveils Its ‘Flying Car’ Prototype – See Photos & Video
- Google Pay Advances Towards Providing Payment Solutions For PCs
- Your Home is Safer With These Surveillance Cameras
- Top Tech Stories This Week! Ecobank, Google Go, Huawei & More!
- Inside Handle It Africa 2018 Edition
- Google Is Secretly Building A Social-Gaming Start-up Called Arcade
- Kenya to Launch its First Locally Made Satellite
- Huawei, MTN Release “Africa’s First 5G” Field Trial