Libyan based Ed-tech start-up, Elham Inspire has been announced winner of 2018 edition of the Seedstars World challenge in the Tripoli pitch event – Seedstars Tripoli.
With this win, Elham will be pitching for US$1 million in equity investment at the global final in 2019.
In all, 11 start-ups pitched at the Seedstars Tripoli event, which held in Libya, and the panel of judges that selected the winner include; MEDA Libya country director; Intissar Rajabany, Gemstones founder and managing director; Mounia Attiga, Libyan internet society CEO; Omar Shuran, and Tadawul Financial Group founder; Naaman Elbouri.
The Elham Education was founded by in 2016 by Mallek Ajaj and it provides five different educational services that complement Libya’s education system.
She Codes, a Benghazi-based social enterprise which aims to equip women and children with coding and computational skills, was placed second, while Sabha-based food delivery service Yummy came in third.
The eight other start-ups that pitched at the Seedstars Tripoli event were: Wajabat, Ematec, Libya Crowdfunder, Sinbad, Tehcneon Group, Almo3een Alwal, Oktoviz, and Homemade.
More Tech Stories:
- Ghanaian Agri-Tech Startup, Cowtribe Wins Seedstars Ghana
- Zimbabwean Agritech Startup, Rera Emerges Winner At Seedstars Harare
- Applications are now open for Ugandan start-ups to Pitch at Seedstars Kampala
- Moroccan Transit App Weego Wins 2018 Seedstars Casablanca
- Seedstars, Omidyar To Launch Startup Incubator in Tanzania