Luno is a platform that connects potential buyers with potential sellers. It allows them to exchange things like products, stocks, currencies and Bitcoin.
Luno currently operates in more than 40 markets across Europe and Africa, and plans to expand across African markets. The company facilitates the exchange of Bitcoin and Ethereum for fiat currency such as South African rand.
See Also: Cryptocurrency Market Value Drops
According to the Luno CEO; Marcus Swanepoel, “The new team in Johannesburg will be working closely with our team in Lagos, Nigeria, to launch across a number of African markets over the coming month.”
“We will be investing a significant amount of capital and resources into our African expansion over the coming months and years,” Swanepoel further added..
Luno is recruiting for over 30 roles in Johannesburg to expand its coverage in Africa and also, create a new engineering team based in the city.
More Tech Stories:
- An-Nisa; Taxi hailing App Specially Made for Women Launched in Kenya
- Kaspersky Lab’s International Cybersecurity Challenge Launched
- MPost To Represent Africa in the Start-up World Cup in US After Winning 2018 South Africa Innovation Summit
- Money Transfer Service to Mobile Wallets Launched in Ghana
- MTN, Vodacom to Provide eSim For iPhone User