The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) is planning to showcase the Nigeria’s technology innovation at this year’s Gulf Information Technology Exhibition (GITEX 2018).
GITEX is an annual consumer computer and electronics trade show, exhibition, and conference that takes place in Dubai, United Arab Emirates at the Dubai World Trade Centre.
This year’s event is scheduled to hold from October 14 to 18 and is targeted at showcasing the global technological advancements and innovations in the domain of consumer electronics.
GITEX provides a platform for accelerating investment-ready start-ups; exposing them to international investors, networking opportunities, partnerships and the chance to witness emerging technologies that are changing the world.
Previous attendance has recorded several successes with Nigerian start-ups coming top in pitching sessions and winning cash prizes as well as acceleration opportunities. Generally, start-ups have reported encouraging feedback on the effect of GITEX to their businesses.
Six Nigerian start-ups have been selected after a rigorous selection process among over 500 start-up applications received and they will be representing the country in Dubai.
More Tech Stories:
- BazaFarms, SMAgri, AgriGo and Two Others Selected to Pitch At MTFC Rwanda
- Largest Agro Conference, Meet The Farmers Conference Nigeria To Hold This October
- FG Drops Business Registration Fee to 5,000 for 90 Days
- Microsoft Unveils Surface Pro 6, And Other Updated Surface Device
- 6 African Start-ups Make 2018 Amref Africa’s Innovate for Life Fund Accelerator Programme